- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal striker heading for Spain switch?
- Updated: 12 July, 2012
Arsenal striker Carlos Vela could be closing in a move to Real Sociedad according to reports from British website TalkSPORT.
The Mexican international was recently said to have pleaded with Arsenal to let him leave the Emirates for the Spanish side by the MailOnline, who suggested Vela feared the club’s £6million asking price would price him out of any move away from North London.
However TalkSPORT now quote Real Sociedad club President, Jokin Aperribay, as saying he is ‘optimistic’ about a deal to take the player to San Sebastian.
“It’s going forward because we want him in the team next season, but we still want to be cautious because we have not closed the deal with Arsenal.”
The 23-year-old spent last season on loan at the La Liga outfit and impressed many as his netted 10 goals in his final 18 games for the side coached by Phillipe Montanier.
Vela has struggled to establish himself at the Emirates Stadium however, and Arsenal have sent him out on four separate loan spells since his arrival from Guadalajara in 2005 – including spells at Primera side Osasuna and Salamanca of the Segunda B Division.Follow @icentrocampista