- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal eye move for La Liga winger say Spanish Press
- Updated: 17 July, 2012
Arsenal have again been linked with a move for Barcelona winger Ibrahim Afellay.
Reports from Mundo Deportivo claim Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is contemplating making a bid to take the Dutch international to the Emirates Stadium, two years after Arsenal were first linked with the player who can also play in a central midfield role.
The Catalan sports daily report Setanta Sports as suggesting Afellay’s agent, Rob Jansen is aware of Arsenal’s interest as Barca look to raise cash for their pursuit of Athletic Bilbao star Javi Martinez. Afellay was also linked with a move to the Emirates by Goal.com Espanol last week.
It is understood the La Liga giants are not actively looking to sell Afellay, however, if an attractive offer came in for the 26-year-old, they would not oppose any move. It is also believed a loan dal may be an option.
The Dutch international spent the majority of last season absent through injury, although he did return towards the end of the campaign and was part of the Netherlands squad that crashed out of Euro 2012 at the group stage.
Reports last week suggested Arsenal would need to pay at least €6million to secure the signature of Afellay.Follow @icentrocampista