- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Barcelona ponder move for Chelsea midfielder
- Updated: 10 July, 2012
Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu could be heading back to the Camp Nou this summer according to Catalan daily SPORT – if Barcelona decide to activate the buy-back clause in his contract.
Romeu arrived at Stamford Bridge last summer after Chelsea paid the La Liga giants a reported €5 million for the 20-year-old, however SPORT now claim Barca could turn to their former player as a backup should they fail in their pursuit of Javi Martinez.
The Spanish under-21 international played 16 times for Chelsea last season, however Barcelona were keen to insert a clause in Romeu’s contract that would enable them to re-sign the la Masia graduate for a reported €10 million this summer or €15 million next year.
Athletic Club’s Javi Martinez is believed to be the priority for Barcelona Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta, although SPORT suggests there is even a possibility that both players could arrive at the Camp Nou before the start of next season.
Chelsea meanwhile have agreed to sell Uruguayan youngster Jhon Pirez to Sabadell according to the Spanish second division side’s official website.Follow @icentrocampista