- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea make offer for Spanish wonder kid
- Updated: 27 July, 2012
Chelsea are believed to have made an offer for Atletico Madrid wonder kid Oliver Torres.
Madrid-based sports daily Marca suggest Chelsea offered a significant amount of money in an effort to get the 17-year-old midfielder to Stamford Bridge, however, that deal was matched by los Rojiblancos and Torres is thought to have decided against a move to the club owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich.
Chelsea’s Premier League rivals, Manchester United have also been linked with Torres and Sky Sports suggested last week that Sir Alex Ferguson had sent scouts to watch the talented youngster in March.
A product of Atleti’s youth academy, Torres was part of Julen Lopetegui’s Spain squad at the recent Uefa Under 19 Championship in Estonia where he starred with a number of impressive performances.
Despite the reported interest from some of Europe’s biggest clubs however, Torres was recently quoted as saying he wanted to remain at the Vicente Calderon and hoped to establish himself in Diego Simeone’s first team.
Chelsea meanwhile, have already brought a number of new faces to Stamford Bridge this summer, as Roberto di Matteo attempts to mount a title challenge.Follow @icentrocampista