- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea set to edge out Spanish giants in transfer battle
- Updated: 5 July, 2012
Chelsea will beat Real Madrid to the signature of Brazilian international Maicon according to reports from Spanish sport daily MARCA.
The Madrid-based paper claim Chelsea will pay €8million for the Inter full-back, although it is suggested a number of details are yet to be finalised before the 30-year-old makes the switch to Stamford Bridge.
MARCA quote unnamed Italian media sources as claiming it is accepted the defender will be playing in the Premier League next season, leaving Madrid still searching for an alternative to their current right back at the Bernabeu, Alvaro Arbeloa
Arbeloa is seen by many as the weak link for the Spanish champions, despite the former Liverpool play featuring in Spain’s recent Euro 2012 triumph in Poland and Ukraine, and the loss of opportunity to sign Maicon would prove disappointing for Jose Mourinho.
Chelsea meanwhile are currently preparing for their pre-season tour to the United States before Roberto di Matteo’ s side kick off the 2012/13 campaign with a trip to Wigan Athletic.Follow @icentrocampista