- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea set to move for Basque starlet
- Updated: 19 July, 2012
Chelsea are set to move for Spanish Under-23 starlet Cesar Azpilicueta according to reports from TalkSPORT.
It is claimed Chelsea are switching their attention to the Marseille fullback after deciding to end their efforts to bring Inter’s Maicon to Stamford Bridge.
Blues boss Roberto Di Matteo is looking to replace the recently-departed Portuguese international Jose Bosingwa and looked set to swoop for the £9m-rated Maicon, however that deal has become ever more complicated as Real Madrid are also showing interest in the Brazilian.
Now TalkSPORT suggest Spanish media reports are linking Chelsea with a move for Azilicueta who joined Marseille from Osasuna two years ago.
The Pamplona-born defender has proved a revalation in France and was first linked with Chelsea during the January transfer window.
Capped by Spain at every level from Under-16, Azpilicueta is regarded as one of the most promising young defenders in Spain and will represent the country at the upcoming Olympic football tournament in London.Follow @icentrocampista