- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Man City defender linked to Spanish champions
- Updated: 17 July, 2012
Manchester City defender Micah Richards could be a transfer target for Spanish champions Real Madrid according to Catalan daily, SPORT.
The England international played a key part in City’s title triumph last season and is a important member of Roberto Mancini’s squad at the Etihad Stadium, however SPORT suggest the 24-year-old may be available for as little as €10 million.
Richards arrived at City as a 14-year-old in 2001 and has since gone on the make over 170 appearances for the Blues, scoring seven goals.
Capped 13 times by England, the Birmingham-born player was left out of Roy Hodgson’s Euro 2012 squad, however, Richards is part of the Great Britain set-up that will compete at the upcoming Olympics.
Real Madrid are searching for a new right-back to offer some competition to current incubant Alvaro Arbeloa and have been heavily linked with a move for Inter’s Brazilian star, Maicon.
SPORT suggest Richards would be available for a similar price with the advantage that he is seven years younger and can also perform in central defence.
City meanwhile, are currently in Austria where Mancini’s side will play friendlies against Dynamo Dresden and Beskitas before they head to China to face Arsenal and Malaysia.Follow @icentrocampista