- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
La Liga giants eye swoop for Liverpool star
- Updated: 17 July, 2012
Barcelona want Liverpool defender Daniel Agger according to reports from Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten.
Agger arrived at Liverpool from Brondby in 2006 and has become a favourite at Anfield, playing 170 games and scoring eight goals for the Merseysiders.
Now Jyllands Posten claim Barcelona have joined Real Madrid and Manchester City in pursuit of the centre-back, although no negotiations are believed to have taken place.
The reports claim Agger is valued at 112 million krona, which equates to around €15 million – a fee which would make him the costliest player in the country’s history.
Capped 49 times by Denmark, Agger has been one of Liverpool’s most consistent performers in recent seasons and is seen as one of the most senior players at the club after Steven Gerrard.
Despite the link however, it is also suggested Liverpool will not want to sell the 27-year-old with new Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers quoted as recently saying he wants Agger to sign a new contract at the club.Follow @icentrocampista