- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Spanish giants eye Liverpool ace
- Updated: 9 July, 2012
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is a target for Spanish champions Real Madrid according to reports from Marca.
Agger was brought to Anfield by former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez in 2006 and the Dane has gone on to play over 170 games for the Merseyside club.
The 27-year-old proved an integral part of Kenny Dalglish’s squad last season and made 27 appearances as Liverpool won the League Cup and reached the final of the FA Cup.
This form has made him a target of Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid according to Marca, who claim the Portuguese coach wants Agger to strengthen his defence ahead of the new campaign.
The Danish international normally operates in central defence however he has also been utilised at left-back, a position currently occupied by Marcelo or Fabio Coentrao at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Agger recently represented Denmark at the European Championships and is set to go on Liverpool’s pre-season tour to North America next week.Follow @icentrocampista