- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool boss wants La Liga starlet as his first signing
- Updated: 9 July, 2012
Liverpool are interested in signing Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann according to the Liverpool Daily Post.
New Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers is said to want to make the highly-rated youngster his first signing as Liverpool boss and is ready to offer the Basque side £13 million for his services.
Griezmann arrived at the Anoeta as a 14-year-old in 2005 and has progressed through the ranks at la Real to become one of the most exciting young talents currently playing in La Liga.
Capped six times by the French under-21 side, Greizmann was linked with both Manchester United and Arsenal last season claim the LDP, who quote Caught Offside as their source. The left-footed winger subsequently signed a new contract that will keep him in San Sebastian until June 2015.
Griezmann scored seven goals in 35 games last season as Phillipe Montanier’s team finished in a comfortable 11th place in the Spanish top flight.
Liverpool meanwhile finished eighth in the Barclays Premier League, a position that ultimately cost Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish his job as manager.Follow @icentrocampista