- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool lead hunt for Spanish wonder kid
- Updated: 22 July, 2012
Liverpool are leading the hunt to sign Barcelona wonder kid Gerard Deulofeu according to British media reports.
The People claim Liverpool are interested in taking Deulofeu to Anfield on a permanent deal with new Barca boss Tito Vilanova unsure of the 18-year-old’s future at the Camp Nou.
Deulofeu recently starred at the Uefa Under-19 Championships in Estonia as Spain successfully retained their European title by beating Greece 1-0 in the final.
The reports suggest Barca would demand at least £7.5 million for the youngster, however it is uncertain whether they would be willing to sell a player who is regarded as one of the hottest prospects at the club.
Deulofeu scored nine goals in 35 games for Barcelona’s B team last season and made his first team debut as a second half substitute against Mallorca last October.
Liverpool meanwhile, are preparing for their first season under Brendan Rodgers after the former Swansea boss replaced Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish in May, and are currently on their North American tour where they face FC Toronto, AS Roma and Tottenham Hotspur.Follow @icentrocampista