- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool star linked with switch to La Liga giants
- Updated: 29 July, 2012
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has been linked with a possible move to La Liga side Barcelona by Mundo Deportivo.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers left the Dane out of his Liverpool side that drew with Tottenham on Sunday and speculation is now mounting that this absence could point to an exit from Anfield.
The 27-year-old is believed to have been unwell earlier in the week, however, MD quote sources close to Agger as stating he was ready to play against Spurs in the Baltimore friendly.
Barcelona were linked with the former Brondby star by Danish newspaper Jyllens-Posten last week, however, it is widely reported that Athletic Club defender Javi Martinez is the prime target of the Catalan giants.
Nonetheless, MD believe Agger’s absence from Sunday’s game could be significant, with suggestions that Liverpool did not want to risk the player picking up an injury.
Capped 49 times by Denmark, Agger has been one of Liverpool’s most consistent performers in recent seasons and is seen as one of the most senior players at Anfeild.Follow @icentrocampista