- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool ace set for three-way transfer battle
- Updated: 30 July, 2012
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is set to be the subject of a three-way transfer battle after reports claim Manchester City have made an offer for the Danish international.
Agger is said to have already told Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers that he wants to quit Anfield and Mirror Football suggest City have lodged a bid of £13 million for the 27-year-old.
Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid are also interested in Agger and Liverpool now face a battle to keep hold of one of their most senior squad players.
Capped 49 times by Denmark, Agger arrived at Anfield from Brondby in a 2006 deal said to be worth around £6 million. The Hvidovre-born star has become a firm favourite on Merseyside and has gone on to make over 170 appearances for the club.
The reports suggest Agger is set to decide whether his future lies in Manchester or Spain during the next two weeks, something which would leave Liverpool facing a major setback ahead of the new Barclays Premier League campaign.Follow @icentrocampista