- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Man United plotting move for La Liga star
- Updated: 11 July, 2012
Manchester United are targeting a move for Atletico Madrid star Radamel Falcao according to Spanish sports daily, AS.
Sir Alex Ferguson is said to believe the reported €60million asking price for the Columbian is exaggerated and the United boss is willing to include Portuguese winger Nani in any deal to bring Falcao to Old Trafford.
Ferguson is said to rate the 26-year-old as the best striker currently playing in Europe – although he may face competition from fellow Barclays Premier League side Chelsea who are also reported to be showing interest in the former Porto star.
Falcao joined Atletico from the Portuguese side last August in a deal said to be worth €40 million, making him the most expensive signing in the Spanish club’s history. The Santa Marta-born player scored 24 goals in 34 games for Atleti last season as Diego Simeone’s side won the Uefa Europa League after beating Athletic Bilbao in Bucharest.
United meanwhile are set to embark on their pre-season tour of South Africa and China next week, before travelling to Sweden to play a high profile friendly match against FC Barcelona.Follow @icentrocampista