- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Sir Alex back in for Chelsea and Real Madrid target
- Updated: 5 July, 2012
Manchester United have resumed their interest in reported-Real Madrid and Chelsea target Lucas Moura according the MailONLINE.
Chelsea recently had a £32.4million offer for the Brazilian turned down however United now hope they can persuade Lucas his future lies at Old Trafford.
Real Madrid were also strongly linked with the 19-year-old by TalkSPORT in March and reports claimed they were ready to break the bank for a player who has a £66.8 million buy-out clause in his contract, something which was claimed would scupper any move to Manchester United or Chelsea.
Born in Sao Paulo, Lucas began his career as a 10-year-old for Corinthians before moving to their city rivals in 2005, and has since gone onto become one of the hottest prospects currently playing in Brazilian football.
He received his first international call-up the friendly against Scotland last March and has made 10 further appearances for Brazil, scoring his first goal in September against Argentina.
It is claimed Chelsea were told to forget about Lucas until after the 2014 World Cup, with the player’s agent Wagner Rebeiro suggesting the midfielder was in no rush to leave Brazil.
United meanwhile are preparing for the start of a new campaign with Sir Alex Ferguson looking to strengthen his midfield after failing to bring any silverware to Old Trafford last season.Follow @icentrocampista