- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Spanish giants plot swoop for Arsenal star?
- Updated: 14 July, 2012
Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny could be a transfer target for La Liga giants Barcelona according to Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo.
The French international arrived at the Emirates Stadium in 2010 after Arsenal paid Ligue 1 side Lorient a reported £8.45 million for the 26-year-old, who has gone on to play 63 games under Arsene Wenger.
Mundo Deportivo now claim reports from France suggest Koscielny could be subject of a swoop by Barcelona who were also been linked with Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen by the MailOnline earlier this month.
The Tulle-born centre-back began his senior career at Guingamp before moving to Tours in 2007, then Lorient two seasons later. Capped four times at international level, Koscielny was part of the France squad that recently featured at the Uefa European Champions in Poland and Ukraine.
MD claim the player is a close friend of his former-Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas who re-joined Barcelona last summer after nine years at the Emirates.Follow @icentrocampista