- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
La Liga winger on Wenger’s Arsenal radar
- Updated: 21 July, 2012
Arsenal are eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur target Santi Cazorla according to reports from Mirror Football.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is said to be contemplating a bid to bring the Malaga star to Arsenal, just days after Cazorla was linked with Spurs on the website of Spanish newspaper, AS.
Mirror Football report the Madrid-based sports daily as believing Wenger is mulling over a move for the 27-year-old former Villarreal winger, and claim he could replace Theo Walcott should the English international leave the Emirates Stadium.
The latest news comes just two days after Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas was said to have highlighted Cazorla as a possible replacement for Luka Modric – a player linked with a move to Real Madrid. However, with suggestions that the Modric saga could run all summer, there is a belief that now is the right time for Wenger to make a move for the highly-rated Cazorla.
Malaga paid a club record £16.5 million to take the Spanish international to la Rosaleda last summer, however they were heavily-criticised by a number of players last week after it emerged there were still outstanding wages to be paid.
Cazorla, who has been capped 45 times by Spain, was among those to raise their concerns and is said to have told officials that he wanted to leave the Andaluz club.
Arsenal meanwhile are set to play a Malaysia XI on Tuesday before Wenger’s side meet Manchester City in China next weekend.Follow @icentrocampista