- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Spurs plot swoop for Spanish international star
- Updated: 19 July, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur are lining up La Liga star Santi Cazorla as a replacement for Luka Modric according to Spanish media reports.
Sports daily AS, claim Spurs are willing to double Cazorla’s €2.5m yearly salary to get him to White Hart Lane after the 27-year-old told Malaga he wants to leave after just one season in Andalucia.
Tottenham are looking to the Spanish international as a replacement for Luka Modric who AS also claim is getting closer to a switch to Real Madrid, despite Spurs chairman Daniel Levy adamant the North London club will accept nothing less than €45m for their prized asset.
Cazorla became Malaga’s most expensive player in history when he joined from Villarreal in a €22m deal last summer, however it has now emerged the attacking midfielder has told officials he wants to leave the Andaluz club after a disagreement over unpaid wages.
Capped 45 times by Spain, Cazorla was instrumental in Malaga achieving Uefa Champions League qualification for the first time in the history last season.
Tottenham meanwhile, are preparing for the first match of their US tour which sees Andre Villas-Boas’ side take on LA Galaxy next week.Follow @icentrocampista