- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Tottenham Hotspur linked with Spanish duo
- Updated: 23 July, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with two of Real Madrid’s most promising youngsters in press reports from Spain.
AS.com claim Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has asked the La Liga champions to include either Jese Rodriguez or Joselu in any deal to take Luka Modric away from White Hart Lane, with Tottenham resigned to the Croatian star leaving for the Spanish capital.
The Portuguese coach is said to be keen on a number of players in Real Madrid Castilla’s squad, however it is believed he has highlighted the two forwards as his main targets.
Joselu has been heavily linked with a move to German outfit Hoffenheim in recent weeks, however reports now claim the Bundesliga side will not meet Madrid’s valuation of €10m for the 22-year-old and negotiations have ground to a halt.
Jese, meanwhile, penned a new three-year deal at the Bernabeu last summer – said to include a buy-out clause in the region of €40m, and is one of the most exciting prospects to emerge from Valdebebas in recent years. The 19-year-old starred for Spain at the recent Uefa Under 19 Championships in Estonia and is seen by many at the club as a future star.
Tottenham have also been linked with a move for Malaga midfielder Santi Cazorla this week as Villas-Boas prepares for his first season in charge at White Hart Lane.Follow @icentrocampista