- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
United star targeted by La Liga high-fliers
- Updated: 23 July, 2012
Manchester United star Dimitar Berbatov has again been linked with big spending La Liga side Malaga in Spanish media reports.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has given the Bulgarian few opportunities in recent months and Berbatov now looks to have little future at Old Trafford.
The Mail Online recently reported Malaga wanted the 31-year-old former Tottenham Hotspur forward, as they look to strengthen their squad ahead of a debut season in the Uefa Champions League.
Now Globedia have reiterated Malaga’s interest in the Bulgarian international and suggest the Andaluz side are debating whether to move for Berbatov or Chelsea youngster, Romelu Lukaku.
A deal for Lukaku now looks unlikely however, as it is believed the Belgian is on the verge of a season-long loan move to Fulham.
Berbatov arrived at Old Trafford in September 2008 after United paid Spurs £30m for his services. Despite scoring 48 goals in 108 games for the club, the player has had a frustrating career in Manchester and featured in just 21 games in all competitions last season.
The emergence of England international Danny Welbeck and the continued good form of players such as Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney has seen Berbatov slip down the pecking order at Old Trafford and the player looks set to leave United in the coming weeks.Follow @icentrocampista