- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Wenger lines up Arsenal La Liga swoop
- Updated: 20 July, 2012
Arsenal have lined up Athletic Club star Fernando Llorente as a replacement for Robin van Persie claim the Mail Online.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wants a quick resolution to the current saga over van Persie and Arsenal have highlighted Llorente as the man to replace the Dutch striker should he leave the Emirates Stadium.
The reports suggest Wenger has spoken with his scouting team about a move for the 27-year-old Spanish international, who scored an impressive 28 goals for the Basque club last season.
Llorente has a £28m buy-out clause in his current contract at San Mames and is one of the most sought-after players in La Liga after helping Athletic to the finals of both the Europa League and the Copa del Rey last term.
Wenger is said to believe the 6’5″ Pamplona-born forward has the physical presence to flourish in the Premier League and would use money received should van Persie leave Arsenal this summer.Follow @icentrocampista