- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
West Ham United close in on Spanish La Liga star
- Updated: 30 July, 2012
West Ham United are set to sign Ivan Ramis from RCD Mallorca according to reports on Mirror Football.
Hammers boss Sam Allardyce is said to be on the verge of making the Spanish star his sixth signing, with the defender having chosen a move to Upton Park over a potential switch to Wigan.
Quoting a statement from Mallorca’s official club website, the report reads:”Mallorca and West Ham have reached an agreement for the transfer of Ivan Ramis. The Mallorcan defender has the permission of the club to have a medical with what will be his new team.”
Mallorca-born Ramis is a product of the islander’s youth system and has been at the club for over 10 years – spending one season on loan at Rayo Vallecano during the 2005/06 campaign.
Capped at Under 19, Under 21 and Under 23 level by Spain, the 27-year-old has played over 160 games in La Liga
Ramis will now undergo an medical at West Ham and if successful, will join other new signings Momo Diame, Jussi Jaaskelainen, Stephen Henderson, Raphael Spiegel and Modibo Maiga as Allardyce prepares for life back in the Premier League.Follow @icentrocampista