- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Man City linked with stunning move for Real Madrid star
- Updated: 1 August, 2012
Manchester City have been linked with a stunning £35 million transfer swoop for Real Madrid star Gonzalo Higuain by Mirror Football.
City executive Brian Marwood is said to be favouring a move to bring the Argentine to the Etihad Stadium as boss Roberto Mancini finds himself embroiled in a battle to secure the services of Robin van Persie.
The Arsenal striker is at the centre of a three-way fright between City, Juventus and Manchester United and Marwood is now said to be championing Higuain, who is believed to be unsettled in the Spanish capital.
The 24-year-old striker was linked with City earlier this year when Mancini spoke of his admiration for the player, although Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has publicly stated he wants Higuain to remain at the Bernabeu.
The Argentine has grown increasingly frustrated at the Spanish champions however, as he finds himself behind French forward Karim Benzema in Mourinho’s starting line up.
City meanwhile, fell to a 2-1 friendly defeat at local rivals Oldham Athletic on Tuesday night, despite having the likes of Joe Hart, Nigel de Jong and Samir Nasri in their side.
Mancini’s side now play two further friendlies and the Community Shield before kicking off their Premier League campaign in less with the visit of Southampton to the Etihad Stadium.Follow @icentrocampista