- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
United boss eyes swoop for La Liga ace claim Spanish press
- Updated: 3 August, 2012
Manchester United are reported to be lining up a move for Athletic star Fernando Llorente and hope to get him for nothing according to press reports in Spain.
Catalan newspaper SPORT are reporting United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is to wait until January before beginning negotiations to bring the 27-year-old to Old Trafford, ahead of a potential move when Llorente’s contract expires in the Summer of 2013.
With the Spanish international currently stalling on committing himself to Athletic, Ferguson is said to be ready to offer Llorente €180,00-per-week to come to Old Trafford next year – plus a signing-on bonus of €2 million.
It is claimed United have already made contact with the player’s agent and Athletic, however, with the Basque club demanding that the full fee of his €45 million buy-out clause is met, Ferguson is now said to be willing to wait six months to monitor the ongoing contract negotiations.
It would seem unlikely that United will be successful in their pursuit of Llorente as the player is one of the most sought-after forwards in Spanish football, however, Ferguson is still said to be ready to maintain his interest in bringing him to Old Trafford.Follow @icentrocampista