- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Man City star off to Italy as La Liga side miss out
- Updated: 2 August, 2012
Espanyol look to have missed out on Manchester City star Vladimir Weiss after reports from the Mail Online suggest the winger is close to securing a move to Italian side Pescara.
The Slovakian international has been given little playing time by City boss Roberto Mancini, and has spent the past two season away from Eastlands on loan at Bolton Wanderers, Rangers and Espanyol.
The 22-year-old impressed at the Catalan club last season and SPORT recently claimed he would return to Barcelona again this month. However, the Mail Online now say Italian media sources are reporting Pescara will clinch the player on loan this week.
Weiss played 28 times for Espanyol last term and scored two goals as Mauricio Pochettino’s side finished a disappointing 14th in La Liga – despite enjoying a strong start to the campaign which had seen them in contention for a European spot.
The Bratislava-born player was once regarded as one of the hottest prospects in Europe and arrived at City in 2006. However, he has struggled to establish himself at the Etihad Stadium and is facing an uncertain future under Mancini.Follow @icentrocampista