- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Newcastle launch bid for La Liga star
- Updated: 4 August, 2012
English side Newcastle United have made an offer for Malaga midfielder Jeremy Toulalan according to Spanish sports daily Mundo Deportivo.
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is looking to build on last season’s impressive display by the St James’ Park club and Barcelona-based MD quote sources in Italy as suggesting the north-east club have made an offer for the highly-rated French international.
Toulalan joined Malaga from Ligue 1 side Lyon last summer in a deal said to be worth around €10 million. The 28-year-old went on to become one of the most consistent defensive midfielders in La Liga last season and scored three goals in 25 games for the Andaluz club until struck by injury in late March.
Pardew is hoping to capitalise on Malaga’s current financial woes to bring the French star to Newcastle, where he would join fellow countrymen Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan, Mehdi Abeid and Romain Amalfitano.Follow @icentrocampista