- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Spanish giants plot swoop for Chelsea star
- Updated: 24 October, 2012
Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is ready to launch a swoop for Ashley Cole according to reports from British radio station, TalkSPORT.
The England international arrived at Stamford Bridge from Arsenal in 2006 and has since gone on to play almost 200 games for Chelsea, however, it is understood the 30-year-old is reluctant to sign a new one-year deal that has been offered by owner Roman Abramovich and it has been claimed French side PSG are ready to offer him a bumper deal to reunite him with another former Chelsea manager, Carlo Ancelotti.
According to TalkSPORT, however, reports in Spain claim Real Madrid boss Mourinho wants Cole at the Santiago Bernabeu and it is said the La Liga champions could be ready to mount a £7 million move for the player when the next transfer window opens in January.
With youngster Ryan Bertrand recently signing a five-year extension at Chelsea, sources say the current European champions are ready to make him their first choice left back – leaving Cole with an uncertain future at Stamford Bridge.