- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Tottenham linked with stunning move for South American ace
- Updated: 31 October, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur could be set to make a stunning summer move for Barcelona star Alexis Sanchez according to reports from British radio station TalkSPORT.
It is understood Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas could be interested in bringing the Chilean international to White Hart Lane in an effort to strengthen a forward line which has had to rely heavily on Jermaine Defoe so far this season.
Sanchez arrived at Barcelona from Italian side Udinese in the summer of 2011 and has gone on to score 16 goals so far for the Catalan giants. However, the 26-year-old has suffered from inconsistency since making the £23 million move and could be made available for a cut price fee of £15 million – should Barca sign Atletico Madrid frontman Radamel Falcao.
The initial reports originate from Spanish sports daily, AS, and suggest Barcelona are willing to sell Sanchez in an effort to fund a £48 million move for Colombian star Falcao.
Tottenham, meanwhile, have enjoyed a solid start to the new campaign and currently sit fourth in the Premier League, six points behind leaders Chelsea. Nevertheless, with fitness concerns remaining over summer signing Emmanuel Adebayor, Villas-Boas could be ready to bring some new faces to White Hart Lane.Follow @icentrocampista