- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
New Chelsea boss plots stunning double transfer raid
- Updated: 24 November, 2012
European champions Chelsea are said to be plotting a stunning double transfer swoop for two of football’s hottest talents.
New Chelsea boss Rafa Benitez wants to bring Radamel Falcao to Stamford Bridge according to The Metro who suggest the Spaniard also wants to sign highly-rated Bayer Leverkusen star Andred Schurrle.
Falcao scored a hat-trick against Chelsea in the Uefa Super Cup in August and TalkSPORT recently suggested Atleti were ready to offer the player a new bumper deal in an effort to thwart the advances of billionaire Roman Abramovich – who was understood to be readying a £38 million move to take Falcao to Stamford Bridge in January.
Those reports claimed the Spanish side were proposing to increase Falcao’s current salary and also add another year to a contract which already runs until the summer of 2016.
However, it is now understood Benitez is desperate bring Falcao and German winger Schurrle to Stamford Bridge and wants at least £60 million from Abramovich as he begins a squad clear-out.
It is claimed Chelsea will show the exit to Florent Malouda, Paulo Ferreira and Hilario, while a decision over the future of veteran players Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole has yet to be made.Follow @icentrocampista