- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal and Chelsea set for January transfer battle?
- Updated: 1 November, 2012
Premier League sides Chelsea and Arsenal could be set for a battle over the signature of highly-rated Marseille defender Nicolas N’Koulou after British newspaper The Metro report Barcelona have earmarked the player as a priority target for the January transfer window.
The Cameroon international is understood to have been targeted by both Chelsea and Arsenal in recent months, however, the reported £15 million fee wanted by the French side is unlikely to see Arsene Wenger enter a bidding war for the player while it is believed a move to Stamford Bridge would only be viable should Chelsea offload Florent Malouda as part of the deal.
Reports now suggest Barcelona could make a move for N’Koulou in January as the Spanish league leaders look to strengthen a defence which has been decimated by injuries this season.
It is unclear where the primary source of the reports originate, however, any move for N’Koulou from Barcelona would be sure to frustrate officials at Stamford Bridge and the Emirates Stadium – especially as scouts were sent from both clubs to watch the player in the Coupe De La Ligue final in April.