- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal ready to move in on South American star
- Updated: 11 November, 2012
Arsenal are ready to beat the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester City to the signing of Edinson Cavani according to reports from the MailOnline.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is looking to replace recently-departed Robin van Persie at the Emirates Stadium and it is claimed Arsenal are ready to break the bank by offering £30 million for the highly-rated Napoli striker.
Cavani was given a glowing report from Arsenal chief scout Steve Rowley last week after scoring all four goals in Napoli’s 4-2 Europa League win over Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, and it is suggested Wenger is now ready to act after seeing his side held to a 3-3 home draw to Fulham on Saturday – a result which sees them slump 11 points behind leaders Manchester United.
The 25-year-old was recently linked with Spanish giants Real Madrid and the two Manchester clubs by ESPN and it is clear Arsenal would need to make a substantial offer to bring him to The Emirates Stadium.
Wenger has been criticsed by Arsenal fans who are frustrated no direct replacement was sought following the sale of van Persie, however, the signing of Cavani would go some way to remedy that.