- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea star close to signing deal at Real Madrid claim Spanish press
- Updated: 21 November, 2012
England and Chelsea star Ashley Cole is closing in on a €10 million move to Real Madrid according to reports from Mundo Deportivo.
Chelsea were in the headlines yesterday after billionaire owner Roman Abramovich ended Roberto di Matteo’s managerial tenure at Stamford Bridge and there could be yet another exit soon, should reports be believed.
Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo suggest Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho wants Cole at the Santiago Bernabeu and further claim a €10 million deal is already nearing completion. The Barcelona-based newspaper quote unnamed British media reports as the source of the story.
Chelsea brought Cole to Stamford Bridge from Arsenal in 2006 and the England international has since gone on to play almost 200 games for the club, however, Mirror Football recently reported Abramovich is reluctant to give the 31-year-old any more than a new one-year deal.
Former Chelsea boss Mourinho was linked with a move for Cole by TalkSPORT, last month, with the Spanish champions then rumoured to be ready to mount a £7 million move for the player when the next transfer window opens in January.
Cole faces an uncertain future at Stamford Bridge with Chelsea recently giving talented youngster Ryan Bertrand a new five-year extension – suggesting the 23-year-old may already be seen as their first choice left back.Follow @icentrocampista