- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea star linked with Spanish switch
- Updated: 12 November, 2012
Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu could be on his way back to Spain in January according to reports from TalkSPORT.
The 21-year-old has played just four games for Chelsea this season and is said to be unhappy with his current situation under boss Roberto di Matteo at Stamford Bridge.
TalkSPORT now suggest Spanish newspaper SuperDeporte have reported Romeu’s agent, Magico Diaz, has met with officials from La Liga outfit Valencia , with the hope of setting up a loan deal that could lead to a permanent move in the summer.
The Spanish under 23 international came through the famed La Masia football academy at Barcelona, however, with opportunities scarce he moved to Chelsea in the summer of 2011 in search of regular football.
Romeu’s career at Stamford Bridge initially began well under former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas, however, the youngster has now slipped own the pecking order at the club and has been used sparingly by current manager di Matteo.
Valencia, meanwhile, have been linked with Romeu before and are believed to have shown interest in signing him from Barca before he moved to Chelsea in 2011.Follow @icentrocampista