- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
La Liga giants edge closer to deal for Tottenham star
- Updated: 18 November, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale has edged closer to a Real Madrid move, as Mirror Football report Barcelona are ready to concede defeat in the race to sign the highly-rated Welshman.
Spurs know they face an uphill battle to keep Bale at White Hart Lane beyond this season, and it is understood Madrid are ready to hand Tottenham £40 million for their most valuable asset.
Barcelona have also been tracking the 25-year-old for over a year, however, it is now claimed they are unwilling to enter a bidding war for his signature.
Bale began his career at Southampton before moving to White Hart Lane for an initial fee of £5 million in 2007. The Welsh international has gone on to play over one hundred games for Tottenham and has netted an impressive 25 goals.
It is understood Manchester City and Chelsea are also keen on Bale, however, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will look to sell the 23-year-old abroad should his hand his forced.Follow @icentrocampista