- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
La Liga sensation closing in on Chelsea switch?
- Updated: 15 November, 2012
European champions Chelsea have again been linked with Radamel Falcao after the Atletico Madrid star hinted he is ready to move to the Premier League.
Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo is ready to slug it out with Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini according to The Sun, as the Stamford Bridge outfit look to finally secure the services of the in-demand 26-year-old.
Those reports claimed the Spanish side were proposing to increase Falcao’s current salary and also add another year to a contract which already runs until the summer of 2016. However, it was also reported by The Daily Star that Atleti are interested in bringing former hero Fernando Torres back to the Vicente Calderon – something which could move Chelsea into pole position to sign the Colombian.
The Sun now claim the two English clubs are on alert after Falcao seemingly suggested he was close to a move away from La Liga: “The opportunity of playing in a different league will come at the right time.” The former Porto ace said, before adding: “I don’t stop dreaming — on the contrary, I know at some point I might want to move to a different team.”
Chelsea travel to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday looking to get back to winning ways after di Matteo’s side were held to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge last week by Liverpool. City, meanwhile, face Aston Villa at Eastlands.Follow @icentrocampista