- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool and Barca set for transfer battle over South American star
- Updated: 6 November, 2012
Liverpool are set to resume their interest in reported Barcelona target Jackson Martinez according to reports from British radio station TalkSPORT.
It is understood Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has continued to monitor the Porto striker after the player was strongly linked with the Anfield club during the summer, and it is claimed the reds are now ready to meet a reported £18.5 million buy out clause to bring Martinez to Merseyside.
Liverpool could face competition from Barcelona, however, after the Catalan giants were linked with the 26-year-old Colombian international by sports daily, Mundo Deportivo on Friday.
Martinez has been in impressive form for Porto this season and has scored 10 goals in just 11 goals for a club that are desperate to hold to one of their star players. Nonetheless, it is suggested by TalkSPORT that the player would be allowed to leave Portugal should Liverpool meet his buy-out clause, thought to be around £18.5 million.
Liverpool are currently languishing in 12th position in the Premier League and have limited options in attack – especially after Andy Carroll was allowed to join West Ham United on loan for the season.Follow @icentrocampista