- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool plot January move for Spanish ace
- Updated: 20 November, 2012
Liverpool are set to solve their attacking options with a move for Sporting Lisbon star Jeffren according to reports from The Metro.
Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers has seen his squad hit by injuries this season and Liverpool have been left with just one forward option in Luis Suarez.
However, it is now understood that the Merseysiders will target former Barcelona winger Jeffren during the January transfer window, with Portuguese newspaper Record, suggesting the la Masia graduate is Liverpool’s preferred option.
The 24-year-old spent seven years at the Catalan giants and played 22 games under then-coach, Pep Guardiola. Jeffren struggled to establish himself in the first team however, and moved to Lisbon in 2011 in search of more playing time. The Venezuelan-born Spanish Under-21 international has since gone on to score four goals in 16 games for Sporting.
It is reported Liverpool have already made an approach for the winger, who may arrive at Anfield on an initial loan period, with an option to buy at a later date.