- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool ready to launch January raid for La Liga star?
- Updated: 7 November, 2012
Liverpool are keen to launch a January move for Athletic Bilbao defender Fernando Amorebieta according to TalkSPORT, as it was revealed talks to sign a new deal at the Spanish club have stalled.
The Merseyside outfit were linked with the Venezuelan international by Marca in July and Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers is said to believe Amorebieta would be ideally suited to the Liverpool’s style of play.
The 27-year-old is reported to have a buy-out clause of €45 million in his current deal and there are no signs that Athletic Club president Josu Urrutia wants to sell the player, however, with just under 12 months left on his current deal Athletic could be forced to sell the player for a knock-down fee in January or risk seeing him go on a free transfer during the summer.
The Basque side are said to have tabled a new contract offer to the Cantura-born star, however, Amorebieta is said to be disappointed by the deal and is understood to be weighing up his options before committing his future.
Liverpool were recently said to be on the verge of missing out in the race for the player as The Metro suggested big-spending Russian outfit Zenit St Petersburg would outbid any offer from Anfield.Follow @icentrocampista