- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool set for January battle over Spanish ace
- Updated: 24 November, 2012
Liverpool look set for a January transfer battle over the signature of Cristian Tello according to TalkSPORT, who claim Serie A side Milan also want the player.
Tello was linked with Liverpool in February by British newspaper the Mail Online who also later suggested the Merseyside club had been quoted a price of £7 million to take the youngster to Anfield.
Recent reports from TalkSPORT also linked Liveroll with a move for Tello as news emerged that the player is yet to commit to Barca – prompting speculation he is set to leave the Catalan outfit.
Tello’s current contract at the Camp Nou expires next summer and it is understood Barca have offered a deal that would keep him at the Camp Nou until 2016.
If no deal is agreed soon, the 21-year-old will be free to enter talks with other clubs – with Italian giants Milan now also said to be interested in the Spanish under-21 international.
Liverpool could prove favourites for Tello, however, as former Barca youth team coach Rodolfo Borrell is now part of Brendan Rodgers backroom staff at Anfield.Follow @icentrocampista