- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Liverpool star again linked with Spanish giants
- Updated: 24 November, 2012
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is still being tracked by La Liga big guns Atletico Madrid according to reports from The Sun.
Suarez arrived at Anfield in January 2011 after Liverpool paid Dutch side Ajax a reported £22 million for his services. The 25-year-old has since bagged 23 goals in 55 games for the Merseyside club.
Despite his popularity among Liverpool fans, however, Suarez has been dogged by controversy and has been linked with a number of clubs in recent months.
Reports from TalkSPORT last week suggested Atletico Madrid sporting director Jose Luis Caminero has highlighted Suarez as a main target should the La Liga club sell their in-demand striker Radamel Falcao. Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko is also thought to be a target.
Atleti believe they are better placed than Liverpool to offer Suarez Champions League football next season, however, a club insider is quoted as saying: “We know this is not an easy operation but we do not think it’s impossible.”
Suarez has indicated he wants to remain at Anfield, however, saying: “I’m at a club where I’m very happy, my family is happy. I’ve got great team-mates and a manager from whom I’m learning so much.”
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has also been quoted by the BBC as saying Suarez is happy at Anfield and will not be leaving.Follow @icentrocampista