- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Man United set to miss out in pursuit of La Liga ace
- Updated: 28 November, 2012
Manchester United look set to miss out on the signature of midfield star Isco after it was claimed he is close to agreeing a new deal at Malaga.
United were heavily linked with the 20-year-old by The Daily Star ealier this month when it was reported United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was confident of bringing the player to Old Trafford.
Ferguson was said to view the 20-year-old as a perfect replacement for United veteran Paul Scholes and it was understood the cash-strapped La Liga outfit would except around £16 million for his signature.
However, TalkSPORT now claim Isco is on course to sign a new, long-term deal at La Rosaleda. Malaga sporting director Mario Husillos is quoted as saying: “Talks for renewal [of his contract] are still on track.
“The boy wants to stay at the club because it is clear that this is best for his development. Isco is intelligent and young and hasn’t played that many La Liga matches.”
Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs have all been linked with Isco, along with United’s bitter rivals City, however, it was understood that United and German champions Borussia Dortmundwere the only two sides that had shown any firm interest in the player.
Isco has been in scintillating form for Malaga this season – helping them qualify for the knockout stage of the Champions League in their debut season. The Andaluz side also sit fourth in La Liga – four points behind reigning champions Real Madrid.
United, meanwhile, sit top of the Barclays Premier League and cruised to a comfortable 3-1 victory of QPR at Old Trafford on Saturday.Follow @icentrocampista