- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Tottenham face Barcelona battle over midfield ace
- Updated: 29 November, 2012
Tottenham Hotspur could face a fight in their pursuit of Roma star Miralem Pjanic after it was reported La Liga giants Barcelona were also tracking the midfielder.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas was said to be lining up a move to bring the player to White Hart Lane during the summer, after the MailONLINE claimed Pjanic was seen as an ideal replacement for Luka Modric.
The 22-year-old remained at Roma however, and has gone on the score two goals in eight games for Serie A outfit this term. Nonetheless, TalkSPORT now report the Bosnia and Herzegovina international has fallen out with coach Zdenek Zeman and there is growing speculation Pjanic could be set to leave the Stadio Olimpico.
Italian sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport claim the relationship between the two has deteriorated to such an extent that he will be sold during the summer. This news is said to have alerted Barcelona and also Newcastle United.
Villas-Boas’ is understood to want to get Spurs playing with more fluidity in midfield and Pjanic’s ability to play in an advanced or deep-lying role would certainly appear to fit this style of play.Follow @icentrocampista