- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal closing in on January move for Spanish ace
- Updated: 2 December, 2012
Arsenal are ready to make a January move for Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina according to reports from British newspaper The Sun
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger was recently said to be concerned about his goalkeeping options at The Emirates Stadium with The Metro suggesting Liverpool star Reina could be the man to help shore up Arsenal’s leaky defence.
Reports from Spain then claimed Wenger was ready to move for the 30-year-old goalkeeper – a player he first tried to sign in 2010, and it is now understood Arsenal are ready to make a £10 million move in January.
Reina has been one of the most consistent goalkeepers in Europe over the last decade and has played 26 times for his country, however, the former-Barcelona stopper could now be left out in the cold at Anfield, with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers ready to keep faith with Australian Brad Jones – who took his chance while Reina was out injured.
Reports claim moves are already underway to link Reina up with fellow Spaniards and close pals Mikel Arteta and Santi Cazorla at the Emirates.Follow @icentrocampista