- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Wenger closing in on move for La Liga ace
- Updated: 2 December, 2012
Arsenal are set to make a January move for Atletico Madrid forward Adrian Lopez according to TalkSPORT.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger was linked with a move for the 24-year-old by Spanish sports daily AS in June, who claimed Arsenal were ready to offer €12 million to bring Adrian to the Emirates Stadium.
Wenger eventually brought fellow Spaniard Santi Cazorla to North London for a knock down price of £12 million, and it is now understood the Frenchman is keen to take further advantage of the financial crisis in Spain and sign Adrian.
The former Deportivo la Coruna striker has a buy-out clause in his contract which is set at €18 million, however, AS recently reported Atleti are attempting to increase this in an effort to keep the 24-year-old at the Vicente Calderon.
The Spanish international had a fantastic first season in Madrid and scored seven goals in 36 games as Diego Simeone’s side finished in fifth place in La Liga and won the Uefa Europa League.
Arsenal meanwhile, suffered a shock 2-0 defeat to Swansea City on Saturday, with Arsene Wenger coming under fire from fans disappointed with the club’s inability to find a replacement for Robin van Persie, who left the Emirates during the summer,Follow @icentrocampista