- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal set to join race for La Liga star
- Updated: 23 February, 2013
Arsene Wenger has been given the go ahead to join the race for Atletico Madrid striker Falcao, according to the Daily Mail.
The £40m rated Columbian has been strongly linked with a move to either Manchester City or Chelsea in the summer, but Arsenal are now reportedly ready to spend big to prize the 27 year old away from the Vicente Calderon.
Despite signing Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud last summer, many fans of ‘The Gunners’ feel that a replacement for Robin Van Persie is still needed, and the prolific Falcao would certainly fit the bill.
Having faced criticism for his lack of willingness to spend, it looks like Arsene Wenger is set to go all guns blazing for the striker.
‘We can do it,’ said Wenger when asked if he could sign Falcao.
‘If we find a player of top, top quality we will take him.’
The former Porto FC striker has been in fine form this season and has already netted 25 goals in 26 appearances.Follow @icentrocampista