- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Chelsea closing in on La Liga star?
- Updated: 12 February, 2013
Chelsea may be edging closer to a deal for Radamel Falcao after TalkSPORT revealed goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois could be used as a bargaining tool to secure his signature.
The Stamford Bridge side have been long term admirers of the Colombian striker and Chelsea are now understood to be ready to use their highly-rated goalkeeper Courtois to force through a deal.
The Belgian international was signed by Chelsea in the summer of 2011 but was immediately sent out on loan to Atletico Madrid where he again returned for a season-long loan this term.
Courtois has impressed in the Spanish capital and Atleti are said to want to make his stay permanent. TalkSPORT claim Spanish newspaper El Economista report Chelsea will offer the La Liga side £47 million and Courtois in an effort to get Falcao to Stamford Bridge.
Cheslsea have been in inconsistent form this season and currently sit third in the Barclays Premier – 16 points behind leaders Manchester United. They were also knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage and now face Sparta Prague in the Europa League on Thursday.Follow @icentrocampista