- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Barcelona interested in Spurs shot stopper
- Updated: 4 March, 2013
Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has joined the list of Barcelona’s goalkeeping targets ahead of a potential summer move, according to the Daily Mirror.
The Catalan outfit are in search for a new number one since it was announced that current goalkeeper Victor Valdes will not be signing a new deal, and have reportedly highlighted the French international as a replacement.
Lloris joined Spurs in a £8m deal last summer and has made the first team jersey his own since given the nod over veteran Brad Friedel.
And it is the 26 year old recent performances that could see Barcelona try and bring him to the Nou Camp.
Liverpool’s Pepe Reina, Manchester United’s David De Gea and Thibaut Courtois, Chelsea’s young Belgian who is on loan at Atletico Madrid this season, are also believed to be reported targets.
While it looks like a Premier League goalkeeper will be leaving for the La Liga champions elect, it is widely expected that Victor Valdes could be heading in the opposite direction.
With ManchesterCity, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United all interested, it is likely that Barcelona will cash in on Valdes in the summer, rather than risk losing him on a free transfer in 2014.Follow @icentrocampista