- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Ronaldo return rumours rubbished
- Updated: 4 March, 2013
Cristiano Ronaldo will not be returning to Old Trafford according to Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
Ahead of tomorrow nights meeting between Real Madrid and Manchester United, Ferguson spoke to the Daily Mail and described the recent rumors of a return as a “false hope”.
He said: “I don’t think there’s anything, as far as I’m aware, that would encourage me to think he would come back here. I don’t think there’s anything in that at all.
“He (Ronaldo) has got two years left on his contract. It could be to do with the fact that negotiations are going on for a new contract. I think maybe his agent is playing the game, though I’m not prepared to comment on that.”
Having dazzled Manchester United fans between 2003 and 2009, it looks like tomorrow night may be the last time in a while that the Portuguese entertains the Old Trafford crowd.Follow @icentrocampista