- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
Arsenal to swoop for former star
- Updated: 5 April, 2013
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is considering an audacious bid to bring Alex Song back to the Emirates Stadium, according to the Daily Express.
Voted the second worst signing of the transfer window by Spanish newspaper Marca, the Cameroon international has failed to impress since moving to the Nou Camp for a reported £15m fee last summer, featuring just 20 times in all competitions this season.
And with The Express claiming that Wenger is set to be handed a 70m transfer kitty this summer, they speculate that bringing Song back to the club will be his top priority.
It is unlikely that the 25 year will feature in Tito Vilanovas plans at the Nou Camp next term, and so a move back to North London could suit all parties, with a cut price fee of £12.7m being mooted.
Last month Italian newspaper TuttoMercato, claimed that the Cameroon international is growing disillusioned with the lack of playing time and would relish a move back to the Emirates.Follow @icentrocampista