- S.D. Eibar ready for maiden La Liga outing
- SD Eibar stengthen ahead of debut La Liga season
- Can ‘Super Mario’ live up to expectations in Madrid?
- MAN IN THE GROUND – Brentford 0 – 4 Osasuna
- Historic Basque derby welcomes S.D. Eibar to La Liga
- Munich to Madrid, via Brazil – Tony Kroos
- Rakitic in Spanish Switch
- Can Spain find redemption in Rio?
- Viva Espana! A season of redemption for Spanish football
- From the old to the new: who can fill the void in years to come for La Roja?
DALGLISH EYES ANFIELD SWOOP FOR SPANISH STAR
- Updated: 7 March, 2012
Kenny Dalglish is planning a summer swoop to bring highly-rated Malaga midfielder Isco to Liverpool, according to reports in Spain today.
Liverpool scouts are understood to have been monitoring the 19-year-old Spanish under 21 International this season although the player was also linked with Arsenal last month by the Daily Star.
Isco, whose full name is Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez, joined big-spending Malaga from Valencia almost two years ago and has been one of the Andalucian club’s most impressive performers this season, scoring three goals in 20 appearances.
Mega-rich Malaga paid €6 million for the youngster and Manuel Pelligrini sees Isco as a key part of a squad that is pushing for Champions League football next season.
Dalsglish has been linked with a number of la liga targets in recent weeks, including Barcelona’s Seydou Keita and Athletic Club’s Fernando Llorente, however Isco is a player that has gone under the radar so far.
It is believed Liverpool are considering a bid of around £6 million in an effort to bring the player to Anfield during the summerFollow @icentrocampista